Site News...

NEWS FLASH: Hii bb ;3

May 31, 2011

Adam Sessler makes Project Cafe predictions, talks Wii's fate

Part of a Community Voices interview with Adam Sessler...

CV: So this E3 should be pretty substantial. We already have the announcement of Project CafĂ© from Nintendo and a ton of new software. What’s at the top of the list of things you’d like to see this E3?

AS: I think the new Nintendo Console, just to satisfy my curiosity. I’ve been pontificating on what they’re going to do with it and I definitely believe that this is not a successor to the Wii. It’s probably closer to a successor to the GameCube, to kind of get to that core audience that Nintendo kind of lost with the Wii. I’m assuming it’s going to be a system with a more traditional interface and a more traditional controller. A lot of developers are trying to make games with a little more complexity. Nintendo can make games. If they do go in that direction, that’s kind of a first; the idea that you can have two parallel consoles in one cycle, because I don’t think it’s there to replace the Wii. I think it’s yet another pillar in Nintendo’s arsenal.

CV: So you think the Wii is going to stick around?

AS: It’s a good question. You’re not seeing a ton of support coming form Nintendo right now, but it does have that casual appeal

Full interview here

No comments:

Post a Comment