Site News...

NEWS FLASH: Hii bb ;3

June 9, 2011

Analyst offers extremely high praise for Wii U, disagrees with investor reaction

“Nintendo has done it again!” wrote Divnich. “Staying with their core strategy of being original, Nintendo has announced a truly revolutionary product.”

“I know Nintendo's stock was down 6 percent yesterday, but I truly believe that (once again) investors will get this one wrong. I've seen it and played it and I must say I was blown away by the Wii U's capabilities. The Wii U is truly the best of both core and casual interactive entertainment. I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt the Wii U will be a commercial success. I have only one concern, the ports.

Unfortunately, now Nintendo is offering a console that would allow the content developed for the PS3 and Xbox 360 to be ported over to the Wii U. While Nintendo announced core content such as Darksiders II and Batman, I highly doubt either will be successful on the platform. They'll be profitable, no doubt, due to the minimal costs to port content between systems, but I doubt any ported content will ever break the top 5 on the Wii U.

What made the Wii successful was its original content, not the ported content. Anyone looking to realize strong commercial success on the Wii U must create original content,” he continued. “Just ask yourself, what platform will you buy Assassin's Creed on? Xbox 360/PS3 or the Wii U? Even if the Wii U version offers up some unique features native to the Wii U's design, I fail to see the core gamer breaking habit.” - EEDAR's Jesse Divnich

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment