Site News...

NEWS FLASH: Hii bb ;3

June 8, 2011

Miyamoto talks Wii U versus Apple, controller cradle and more

A portion of a CNET interview with Shigeru Miyamoto...

Q: How do you see the Wii U as compared with what Apple's doing with the iPad?

A: I have to be honest, I don't really know everything that Apple is planning right now, so it's hard to say. When I look at things, I feel that Nintendo is looking at video games, and how we make the most compelling and fun video game experience. And then, within that framework, how can we use that to create new and fun entertainment within the living room setting? So we're really looking at it strictly from an entertainment perspective, and when I think about the things that Apple is talking about in terms of cloud computing and things like that, I'd say that they're just two very different areas that we're both looking at.

Q: Is this device something that would ever leave the home, or does it stay in the living room?

A: That's a good question. I think obviously less so for outside the home, but more so people will start to ask, "Oh, can I take it to my bedroom and sit in bed and play games?" Regardless of what the technical possibilities are in terms of how far you can take it from the system, for me it really is a matter of it's a device you'll want to have sitting on the cradle in the living room so you can access it there at any point and interact with the system that's in the living room at any point, and that system is connected to the TV. So, for me, my feeling is it really is a device that, if it's not there in the living room, people are going to have a hard time interacting with the system.

Full interview here

No comments:

Post a Comment