Site News...

NEWS FLASH: Hii bb ;3

July 7, 2011

The infamous 'games are a waste of time' question from a Nintendo shareh

Here's the full question and answer, officially translated by Nintendo.

Q: I own some shares but I do not have any Nintendo products. Basically, I think "Games are a waste of time" and, therefore, I would like a product that has value added to it so that even I would buy one. As for the Nintendo 3DS, if I were to buy it for my child, there should be no negative factors. There needs to be value added to dispel any negative factors. I think parents will not buy it unless there is value added, for example, the display of this game console is easy on the eyes so it is less harmful than displays of other game systems or mobile phones, or adding mobile-phone functionality so that just having the Nintendo 3DS will enable gameplay and take on the role as a mobile phone and, therefore, parents could contact their children as long as that child is carrying his or her Nintendo 3DS.

A: First, regarding your comment that "Games are a waste of time," I think it depends on the individual, but I believe Nintendo is present today because there are many people who do not think so. Certainly, the situation where "games = playing alone in a room" is often discussed by society very negatively and even now, although I feel it has improved quite a bit, I really want to somehow change the situation where, for example, if there is a criminal act by a teenager, there are opening reports such as "The suspect was a video game player." This is something I mentioned earlier today, and we call it "social acceptance," but there are less people who consider video games to be a form of entertainment that they acknowledge and enjoy to the same degree as movies or TV. Through our activities, I think the level of acceptance has risen, but we still have a long way to go. Therefore, your comments, "I think games are a waste of time" and "I want something that an adult like me would want to play" is part of our goal, which is to "expand the gaming population," and raise the social acceptance of video games and, therefore, we would like to continue to move towards that goal.

Also, there are many discussions of adding various value functions, not just for the Nintendo 3DS. By proposing elements to help change the ways of using the TV in the living room, for example, which was one scene in the Wii U clip that I showed earlier, being able to make video calls easily with someone far away, surf the Web or move something interesting from the Web from the controller to the TV screen, we envision a future where the Wii U controller will be regarded as something which relates to even family members who aren't interested in games.

In addition, if we had never considered combining a mobile phone and a handheld device, we would be negligent, but on the other hand, mobile phones are subject to monthly fees and we need to consider how well this would fit with game devices or how we should balance these aspects. Adding to this, mobile phone companies are generally divided by countries and when running a business on a worldwide basis, we need to consider in what conditions can we partner up with mobile phone companies around the world. Please understand that we are still researching these areas.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment